Delivery and Collection Fee
- Delivery and collection at our office (Tanjung Aru) & (Tuaran branch) as well as Kota Kinabalu Airport are FREE of charge. Delivery and collection otherwise will incurred additional charges. The hirer will be informed for the additional charge for delivery and collection.
- Our operation hour is from 08:00 to 17:00. Additional charge of MYR20.00 per trip for delivery and collection before 08:00 and after 17:00 (earliest pickup/return at 07:00 whilst last pickup/return at 21:00). We reserve the right to decline any reservation made or to charge delivery/collection that is not in our operation hour due to i.e. flight delay, missed flight, amend pickup/return time.
Driver’s Age and Licence Requirements
- The drivers must be between 21 and 65 years old. Other nationals who hold a valid driving licence in English can drive in Malaysia for a maximum of 3 months. Probational license holders will not be accepted. Only hirer and additional driver can pickup/return the car. A penalty of RM300 will be imposed if we found out an unauthorized person is driving the car.
- Minimum rental is one day (24 hours). Any extension of 7 hours and longer will be considered as full day rate.
- During the vehicle collection, the hirer is required to check for any damage or missing part to the vehicles. If the hirer found any damages or missing parts before the collection, please inform our staff immediately. The hirer are encourage to take photo/videos to avoid any dispute. Any damage or missing part that is not reported earlier will be considered under the hirer responsibility.
Insurance & Excess
- All vehicles are fully insured with a standard motor vehicle policy. The rental rates include full indemnity for accidental damage to third party property and bodily injuries. However, the hirer is always responsible for excess not exceeding as shown via the following table and we offer to customer the option to reduce
GROUP CC EXCESS AMOUNT COALITION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW) / OPTIONAL EXCESS PROTECTION REDUCED EXCESS AMOUNT A 1001 – 1300cc RM 2,000 RM20 per day RM500 B 1301 – 1500cc RM 3,000 RM30 per day RM800 C 1501 – 2000cc RM 5,000 RM40 per day RM1,000 D 2001cc and above RM 10,000 RM50 per day RM1,500
- All insurance and excess protection do not apply for damage or lost due to careless action, negligence, illegal or improper use of the vehicle. The insurance and excess protection also not cover for tyre punctures, burst tyres, fuel errors, battery damage because of forgotten turned off electrical devices and loss or damage to the vehicle accessories.
- Loss or damage to the vehicle accessories and damage of windows, mirror and undercarriage are also not covered by the excess protection.
- The accident or damage only applies for collision between two moving objects. Any damage while the vehicle is stationary will be under hirer’s full responsibility and subjected to the above excess and excess protection.
- For damage which involves a third party, the hirer is required to get information from the third party driver which include the driver’s name, IC/Passport, driving licence and vehicle registration number. If the claim cannot be made against third party insurance, all damage will be under hirer’s responsibility and subjected to the above excess or excess protection.
- The hirer is reminded that underbody and overhead damage is at their own risk at all time. All insurance and excess protection are void if the vehicle is driven on unsealed and unmade road or surface.
- The hirer is required to contact our representatives to inform us for any event of accidents or car theft.
- A police report should be made within 24 hours after the accidents or from the time you’ve found out the theft or loss. The police report should be obtained in writing.
- A refundable security deposit of RM100 will be collected from the hirer upon car pick up. The security deposit will be refunded after 3 working days upon returning the vehicle if no damages has occurred and no summons has appeared within the rental period.
- Smoking, bringing pets, drinking alcohol and doing indecent thing are prohibited inside the car. Penalty of MYR300 will be charged for cleaning any unpleasant odour. (includes durian, seafood odour, vomit)
- All Traffic/JPJ/DBKK/parking summons (if any) will be under hirer responsibility. Penalty MYR50 will be charged if the customer failed to pay the summons within the time specified after we send notification.
- For long term rental, the hirer is responsible to inform us if the car is due for servicing ASAP. We reserve the right to charge penalty of MYR1.00 per KM after 500 KM exceeding the service limit.
- Speed limit for highway in Malaysia is 110 KM/hour, while normal road is 90 KM/hr. Please drive carefully and obey traffic rules.
Returning the Vehicle
- Please inform us if you want to return early or extend the rental. A joint inspection will be carried out once again during returning the vehicles.
Cancellation / Amendment Policy
- All cancellations must be notified 24 hours before the booking date. We reserve the right to forfeit the RM100 booking deposit for any cancellation less than 24 hours or no show up / update after one (1) hour of the scheduled pick up. No refund for any amendment. Any amendment date and type of car are subject to availability.
- After cancellation, kindly email to us your account details for refund and we will process your refund within 3 working days.
Mileage Policy & UMP
- The mileage usage is capped at 300 KM/day for one day rental and accumulated base on your total days of rental (example: 3 days rental, you will have 900KM to be used) and it should be within the permitted area. We have the rights to charge RM1 per KM if the Hirer return the car exceeding the capped mileage usage. If you plan to bring the car beyond the permitted area, there will be a one time additional charge incurred. The permitted and chargeable area are shown as per below table:
Within Permitted Area (No Extra Charges) Beyond Permitted Area(min 3 days rental) Restricted Area Kota Kinabalu up to Kota Marudu Kudat (RM50) / Pitas (RM100) Brunei Kota Kinabalu up to Ranau Telupid (RM100), Sandakan (RM200) Unsealed road (except 4×4 car) Kota Kinabalu up to Tenom / Nabawan Lahad Datu (RM250), Tawau / Semporna (RM300) Sarawak Kota Kinabalu up to Sipitang Lawas (RM50) NA
- The hirer is responsible to declare if the hirer intended to drive beyond the permitted area. This however depends on the company permission and failing which a penalty of RM500 will be imposed.
- The mileage usage for monthly rental is capped at 4,000KM/month.
BRO CAR RENTAL is a trading name wholly owned by HASBIE CREATIVE RESOURCES. We have been operating since 2018 to provide car & motorcycle rental as well as travel services within Kota Kinabalu and Tuaran, Sabah